Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Peach bourbon attempt #1: TOTAL fail.

Well......... the peach bourbon I've been dreaming up in my head did not turn out as I'd planned.


First off, I accidentally started with whiskey rather than bourbon. 

Then, I thought that 4 peaches for a half gallon would be plenty.  I was so so wrong.

Eeeeeiiiiiiiwww......... this just looks like a science experiment gone wrong. :)

So, here's what I did:

Peel and slice 4 peaches, and place in 1/2 gallon of bourbon whiskey.  Let sit for 5 days.  Drain the bourbon whiskey and voila!  You have peach bourbon whiskey.

When I realized that this just tasted like straight whiskey, I decided to put the peaches in a blender and blend them in.  Still nothing.

Then, I added 1/2 gallon of peach nectar.  Still nothing.  DRAT!

Anyways........... in the end it was fantastic as just a whiskey.  Mixed it with some lemons and some homemade sweet tea and I was a happy girl.

I'll get you next time peach bourbon............ next time!


  1. I probably shouldn't tell you that I'm laughing but I am.
    It just makes me feel better that I'm not the only one that sometimes gets pitiful results from a DIY

    1. Hi Shakti! This seemed like such an easy thing to mess up! Oh well. haha!
      Thanks for stopping by,

  2. What is an outstanding post! “I’ll be back” (to read more of your content). Thanks for the nudge!

  3. Your article is very informative and helpful to me. Thank you for the post it’s nice stumble guys

  4. The top Jabodetabek private tutoring for kindergarten, elementary, junior high school. The most effective private teachers graduated from well-known state universities. Closest tutoring place online to the home at affordable ... visit for further

  5. Best and Most inexpensive Jabodetabek Private Training, the staff and also teachers are available to your property, collection your very own analyze plan and may pick out virtually any field involving analyze ... go to for more details

  6. We provide private lessons for PAUD, TK, SD, SMP, SMA, and Alumni. With an internal and accelerated method, it really is hoped who's can foster a generation of those that have good morals... for more information


I love your comments! I read each and every one, and they brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...