mmmmmm...... mint juleps....
So, while staying at Jared's dad's house on the beach (oh ya know, no big deal), I decided to peruse through his cigar and whiskey aficionado magazines. I love me some bourbon, but MAN are those magazines fancy! I stumbled across Whiskey Advocate's recipe for mint juleps. Booyah! It took about 10 seconds to get from the chair to the kitchen and start these babies.
Here's how to make these at home:
1. Put 2 barspoons of sugar into a glass.
2. Add 1/2oz water and stir to dissolve sugar
3. Add 6 mint leaves and press lightly with a muddler
4. Fill glass with ice
5. Add 3oz bourbon
6. Stir, and insert 2-3 sprigs of mint and a straw
7. Let sit for 5 minutes, stir again, add more ice, and enjoy!
These were uberdangerous little drinks, but Oh SO Tasty! I may have found my new drink of choice. Thanks Whiskey Advocate! I'll be sure to bust out my cigar next time. :) Just kidding.