Miss my boozy concoctions????? Been a while eh?
I have been really trying to utilize tea in some of the things that I cook/make lately, and of course my first attempt - INFUSING BOOZE! yep. Totally scored on this one. This stuff rocks.
This is super super easy to do. Here's what you need:
A pint sized glass container with tight closing lid. I used a mason jar
2 earl grey tea bags. I used Twinings. You could also use about 2 tablespoons loose leaf tea here.
A pint of gin. A little more than half of a 750ml bottle.
Fine mesh sieve
Some kind of bowl or large wide mouthed jar for transferring when straining
Alright....... let's begin.
1. Carefully rip open your tea bags and transfer the contents into a pint sized glass container. Be sure to keep those tea bags, because they will come in handy when straining.
2. Add a pint of gin to your container.
3. Put a tightly closing lid on your container and give it a good shake. Pretty huh? Where are those hallucinogens when you need them?
4. Let sit for 2 hours, shaking a couple of times throughout.
5. Line a fine mesh sieve with your tea bags and strain well.
6. You are done! Pour tea bag into your pint glass container and you have earl grey gin!
Now, go make yourself a drink. I made the concoction above, recipe to come in a bit. :)