I've got a double whammy for you peeps out there today.
source is unknown on this pic. Wonderful, but I did not take this. :(
First off, I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by the beautiful and talented feminist embroiderer Brit. Thanks so much, Brit! It feels pretty awesome. You get 7 random facts about moi. What more could you want? I'm only going to nominate 1 other blogger for this award. Because she's a brand new blogger and sent me a super duper sweet email. Emma, from Listen to the Ocean.
Then, came the bloggie challenge from the hilarious and uber-smart prof, Tabetha. You get 5 random facts about me, but 2 extra! Huzzah!
1. I'm obsessed with food magazines. Put ANY food magazine in front of my face and I am engaged, for hours. Once I actually found myself reading recipes in bed like a book. Till I looked over and Jared was just grinning from ear to ear. ha! It's a bit painful for me to get rid of my old ones, but I force myself to, if it's at least 2 years old. Ah, addictions.
2. I'm severely allergic to grass. Severely. No joke. When I had my allergy tests done, my entire arm swelled up from the grass shot. I've got huge inner ear issues that my doc has tried to fix, but tells me it won't go away until I move somewhere without grass. Um....... shit.
3. My favorite food is Indian food. Tikka masala paneer to be exact. I'm salivating. There is a restaurant next to my apartment that has the best I've ever had, and they sell their tikka masala sauce by the pint. No wonder I can't shed those pesky pounds!
4. Zooey Deschanel bugs the shit out of me. Jared does a pretty good Kermit the frog/Zooey Deschanel singing impression that slays me every time. Although, I want every item of clothing she owns.
5. I can play the piano and the guitar, although today I don't play either. I took piano lessons when I was 10, but only for a year. The rest of what I know I learned from a Christmas sheet music book. I can still play silent night pretty well. I taught myself guitar when I was a hippie dippie teen. I can rock pretty any Peter Paul and Mary song. Yep. There's that. AND I tried the nose flute once. Apparently, I'm a natural.
6. I think Neosporin cures all. You know the dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Windex? That's me, with Neosporin.
7. I've turned my dog into a total pussy. I went all Elmyra Duff on her ass from the very beginning. Now she shakes and cries if she hears any noise. And if I pick her up she wraps her little paws around me till I'm choking. It's adorable...... and totally repulsive in a "what have I done" kind of way. I've created a monster.
Well........ that's it! Enjoy your weekend my friends!